Sunday, January 1, 2012

Jim Ingraham: Counting down the 10 best free-agent signings of the Dolan era - news-herald.com

Jim Ingraham: Counting down the 10 best free-agent signings of the Dolan era - news-herald.com:
"While you're waiting for the Indians to sign a big-name, big-ticket, still-in-his-prime free agent, you might want to get comfortable and curl up with a good book. I'd suggest something along the lines of "Moby Dick," "War and Peace" or the phone book from the greater Shanghai metropolitan area."

Obviously, the author is alluding to the fact that Moby Dick is a long, arduous work.

This does not do well for Moby Dick's friendly feeling. Considering my father is extremely smart but never read a book, concentrating on newspapers and sports pages in particular, this definitely hurts anyone up for a casual book. However, I think that most view it as a tough read.

Maybe that's part of its mystique; if you can read Moby Dick you must be pretty literate. (Or pretty stupid, what with all the really good books out there.)

'via Blog this'

1 comment:

Repanon said...

Hey Matt,
This is Melchizedek Todd. YOu reviewed two of my comics on Wowio.
I don't know what your e-mail is,so I'm contacting you here. I want to thank you for your reviews in Wowio of my comics Spirit vs Flesh and the Chase.
Yea, my grammer can suck. One day I'll have to hire an editor.
The Chase may make more sense if you read the second part in Allegories of the Way Volume 3. Somethings may still be mysterious though even if you read the other two volumes, because Nazel and Enna are not main characters in the series.
In Spirit vs Flesh, I made Jesus kind of "weak" just to add some more drama in the story and conflict. But I see your point about showing his power grow more. I did have a plan for a part two, but I won't be able to include it in the series.
Check out my website www.weaponpress to see this new webcomic I'm doing called Faithland.
My e-mail is repanon7@yahoo.com. Thanks again.